= Using the PDDP Help Template =
The PDDP group has come up with a basic template to be used for any Pd help
patch. The idea is to have a standard page which is flexible enough to work
for all of the Pd objects yet standard enough so that people can quickly
skim thru help patches to find the information they are looking for quickly
and with minimal effort.
While this current template represents a lot of work and discussion,
we are not claiming that it is perfect or unchangeable. Instead, we are
seeking feedback from people who are using this template in order to improve
it. Join us: [http://puredata.info/dev/pddp/FrontPage PDDP Working Group]
= Files =
This file is the raw template which to base help patches on. This is just one page. If you need more pages for examples or text, you can use subpatches in the "more_info" section of the help patch.
This front page should include the complete info about inlets, outlets, and arguments. If that means that your content will be longer than the template, then keep the page the same size, and instead of resizing, we rely on scrolling the patch. The front page of all help patches should be the same size.
This file contains all of the standard graphical elements that are needed to plug into template-help.pd in order to complete your help patch. You can copy and paste them directly from this file to your help patch.
This file is an example file that uses the template with actual content to give an example of what a help file should end up looking like. This example is pretty simple, so things will change on a more complicated help patch.
= Standard Receive Symbols =
All of the canvases ('cnv') in the template have receive symbols so their
look can be changed dynamically.
* '''help patch header''': $0-pddp.cnv.header
* '''help patch footer''': $0-pddp.cnv.footer
* '''inlets header''': $0-pddp.cnv.inlets
* '''outlets header''': $0-pddp.cnv.outlets
* '''arguments header''': $0-pddp.cnv.arguments
* '''more_info header''': $0-pddp.cnv.more_info
* '''object highlight''': $0-pddp.cnv.highlight
* '''inlet/outlet 0''': $0-pddp.cnv.let.0
* '''inlet/outlet 1''': $0-pddp.cnv.let.1
* '''inlet/outlet 2''': $0-pddp.cnv.let.2
* '''inlet/outlet 3''': $0-pddp.cnv.let.3
* '''inlet/outlet 4''': $0-pddp.cnv.let.4