Pd-Berlin Users Group
Pd-Berlin Users Group
After some years PD Berlin meetings are put to rest as in May 2016 and no further meetings are scheduled. We thank c-base for providing the space and network for the meetings in that time.
The address is Rungestrasse 20 in 10179 Berlin see also on openstreetmap
There is a google group for us now, you can subscribe here.
What we do
The meetings dont replace workshops (which are offered extra ;) ), scope of these meetings can be any (or none) of the following:
- patch/project showcase
- work on general Pd documentation
- help for beginners (installation, programming tips, ...)
- or something else you want to do ...
Just come along, bring your laptop and sit down with us.The bar is open during the meetings. Necessary prerequisites are only a computer and good mood. If Pd isn't on it, we'll download and install it.
- Malte Steiner - Block 4 media lab
- Servando Barreiro - link1 minitronics
- Roberto Duarte - robertoduarte.de
- Derek Holzer - macumbista.net
- Nikola Jeremic - mikrokosmos.ecobytes.net
- Christoph Limbach - emitter19
- Felix Obée - amphibiousthoughts.com
- João Pais - Pd page Endphase
- Felix Pfeifer - myspace
- Penko Stoitschev - bloody beginner in Pd
- Jesse Scott - the memelab
- urban - I
- drnn1076 - Ricardo Cedeno Montana
- PedroLopes - well... Pedro Lopes
- Ioann Maria - ioannmaria.com
- Eva Sjuve - moolab.net
- you - login to the wiki and put your name here
Themes & Announcements
If you are an experienced Pd user and can/want to speak about some special topic, put here your name and your sugestions. If you're in a hurry to talk about them, write down when you're willing to do it.
- Malte Steiner
- enhancing the Restlichtverstärker stepsequencer with new synthesizers and modes, combining it with GEM visualization
- combining Processing and PureData to create new control surfaces, which also can run on Android devices
- João Pais
- jmmmp abstractions: functions, commentaries on design, usability, documentation, ...
- Pd-related report from laptop trio Endphase : approaches to control, programming, panning, documentation, ...
- data structures, and some personal uses
- Click Tracker, a patch to create click tracks of any complexity for contemporary music
- Derek Holzer
- urban - mixer-abstractions, reverb algorithms, soldering-fun, c programming, music theory kosmetikradio
- your sugestions
If you are new to Pd and have questions about something or would like to see a topic being developed, put here your name and your suggestions. Maybe someone might have some words on it next time.
- interested in use with sensors, granular synthesis and modular synthezizers...
- not interested (at the moment) on graphix or video (because I am beginner in Pd)
- Jesse Scott
- data parsing, using large data sets to drive visualization and sonicization (for installation and performance)
- Pd on Android and iOs for locative projects
- Roberto Nocci (I'm a C++ developer based in Berlin with long term experience in Csound and Supercollider).
- I'm developing an alternative UI for the traditional Vanilla GUI elements based upon a customized default font with a different color managing (HSV instead RGB). It works simply installing the modified font and start PD via commandline (or shell script).
- I'm also working on an external that provide Random Seeds (hex) based on irrational numbers and a solid MIDI clock sync to allow a "reliable" interfacing with any clock source.
IMPORTANT: If someone is interested please contact me privately tato-at-phresa-dot-com
- your suggestions
Pd Convention 2011 - Weimar + Berlin
NK has at our disposal a big table, electric plugs, a soundcraft mixer (jack line ins), a stereo PA and a beamer.
We would like to thank the support and willingness of NK in the organization of these events.
Here you can find a small report of our past meetings.