Pd-Berlin Users Group
Pd-Berlin Users Group
Pd-Berlin are meetings with Pd-minded people, happening on FIRST AND 3RD THURSDAY of every month, starting 20:00. at c-base Berlin Kreuzberg. Please check this wiki to know exactly when the next meeting will be.
We thank c-base for providing the space and network for the meetings.Meetings will take place in c-bases "Seminarraum". door will most likely be open and someone at the bar. Ask there for directions. To get to c-base check out the nice ascii map : http://www.c-base.org/cv50f/core/impressum.html
The address is Rungestrasse 20 in 10179 Berlin see also on openstreetmap
There is a google group for us now, you can subscribe here.
Meetings will also be announced in Pd newsletters, as well as in other forums - microsound, cec, degem, ...
THURSDAY, 16. May 2013, 20h00
We would appreciate if you would send us a short mail to mktsteiner AT googlemail DOT com with your name, Pd experience and interests, so that we know how many people might be coming.
What we do
The meetings dont replace workshops (which are offerd extra ;) ), scope of these meetings can be any (or none) of the following:
- patch/project showcase
- work on general Pd documentation
- help for beginners (installation, programming tips, ...)
- or something else you want to do ...
Just come along, bring your laptop,drinks and food, and sit down with us.The bar is open during the meetings. Necessary prerequisites are only a computer and good mood. If Pd isn't on it, we'll download and install it.
- Malte Steiner - Block 4 media lab
- Servando Barreiro - link1 minitronics
- Roberto Duarte - robertoduarte.de
- Derek Holzer - macumbista.net
- Nikola Jeremic - mikrokosmos.ecobytes.net
- Christoph Limbach - emitter19
- Felix Obée - amphibiousthoughts.com
- João Pais - Pd page Endphase
- Felix Pfeifer - myspace tweaks
- Penko Stoitschev - bloody beginner in Pd
- Jesse Scott - the memelab
- urban - I
- drnn1076 - Ricardo Cedeno Montana
- PedroLopes - well... Pedro Lopes
- Ioann Maria - ioannmaria.com
- you - login to the wiki and put your name here
Themes & Announcements
If you are an experienced Pd user and can/want to speak about some special topic, put here your name and your sugestions. If you're in a hurry to talk about them, write down when you're willing to do it.
- Malte Steiner
- enhancing the Restlichtverstärker stepsequencer with new synthesizers and modes, combining it with GEM visualization
- combining Processing and PureData to create new control surfaces, which also can run on Android devices
- João Pais
- jmmmp abstractions: functions, commentaries on design, usability, documentation, ...
- Pd-related report from laptop trio Endphase : approaches to control, programming, panning, documentation, ...
- data structures, and some personal uses
- Click Tracker, a patch to create click tracks of any complexity for contemporary music
- Derek Holzer
- urban - mixer-abstractions, reverb algorithms, soldering-fun, c programming, music theory kosmetikradio
- your sugestions
If you are new to Pd and have questions about something or would like to see a topic being developed, put here your name and your suggestions. Maybe someone might have some words on it next time.
- interested in use with sensors, granular synthesis and modular synthezizers...
- not interested (at the moment) on graphix or video (because I am beginner in Pd)
- Jesse Scott
- data parsing, using large data sets to drive visualization and sonicization (for installation and performance)
- Pd on Android and iOs for locative projects
- Roberto Nocci (I'm a C++ developer based in Berlin with long term experience in Csound and Supercollider).
- I'm developing an alternative UI for the traditional Vanilla GUI elements based upon a customized default font with a different color managing (HSV instead RGB). It works simply installing the modified font and start PD via commandline (or shell script).
- I'm also working on an external that provide Random Seeds (hex) based on irrational numbers and a solid MIDI clock sync to allow a "reliable" interfacing with any clock source.
IMPORTANT: If someone is interested please contact me privately tato-at-phresa-dot-com
- your suggestions
Pd Convention 2011 - Weimar + Berlin
NK has at our disposal a big table, electric plugs, a soundcraft mixer (jack line ins), a stereo PA and a beamer.
We would like to thank the support and willingness of NK in the organization of these events.
Here you can find a small report of our past meetings.