by Nicolas Montgermont — last modified 2012-02-27 12:48 PM
There are a few active lists for discussing Pd. We welcome all questions, from the most basic newbie questions to advanced technical questions. If you are just getting started, you're best bet is the pd-list. Introduce yourself and say hi. Before posting to any of the lists, we request that you search the archive for the pd-list, at least. Many questions have been covered in depth there, plus you get an immediate answer.
Before posting please read the page at Netiquette carefully. It will help you and others to communicate clearly and get the most out of the forums.
International Lists in English
pd-list subscribe searchable archives: official source gmane mail-archive markmail
- This is the main mailing list for the Pd-community. It is for all topics related to Pd, from help requests to discussion of music, sound, video, etc. All questions are welcome, from the most basic to quite elaborate. Most of the things regarding pure-data are discussed on this list. However, for pure off-topic items, announcements or developers' talk, the appropriate mailing-lists (see below) should be used.
- This is the announce-list for announcements regarding Pd-releases, software releases (like externals), upcoming events, concerts, ... This list might prove most interesting for people not having the time and intention to keep-up with the main-lists but still want to stay up-to-date.
- This list is intended to be a forum for the Pd-community that allows the discussion of things apart from pure-data. It is probably a good idea, to subscribe to this list too, since off-topic threads on the main list will eventually be moved to this list (by users, not by the administrator)
- There is a developer-list for discussion of hacking pure-data and externals and similar. Since Pd is still beta software (this is: needs some testing), it is a good idea to subscribe to this list too. It is probably a good idea, to subscribe to this list too, since developers threads on the main list will eventually be moved to this list (by users, not by the administrator)
- When any changes are made in the Pure Data Subversion (SVN) Repostory, those changes are automatically sent to this list. If you are working with code in SVN, its a good idea to subscribe to this list so that you know who is working on what. If you are interested in development activity, you can use this list to track it. Note that you cannot send emails directly to this list; only SVN-changes are accepted. Also, its called pd-cvs for historical reasons, we used to use CVS rather than SVN.
- Discussions about the webpage, from problems to improvements and ideas happen on this list.
Pd_pure de datas subscribe searchable archives: official source
- lista de pd para ppiantes y en español.
- Lista de mensagens para usuários PD em português-brasil. (Brazilian-portuguese puredata mailing list)
- PD adresātu saraksts (mailing-list) latviešu valodā. (Latvian PD mailing list)
gem-dev subscribe searchable archives: official source gmane mail-archive
- This is a developer-list for discussion of hacking Gem and externals and similar. This list should be quite interesting for all those who want compile and hack GEM.
- stay informed on most-recent changes in the Gem development
- Mailing list of the user group in Montréal
- This is a list for users and developers for discussion of hacking !GridFlow and externals and similar. This list should be quite interesting for all those who want compile and hack !GridFlow. It is also appropriate for discussion of feature requests, bug reports, installation problems, etc.
- stay informed on most-recent changes in the !GridFlow development
- dealing with the cross-platform C++-API for Pd and Max/MSP
- dealing with translation of Pd user interface in other languages (French, German, Spanish, etc.)